If you or someone you care about is struggling with the transition from military life to civilian life, you are not alone and there is help! Many men and women who have left the military are experiencing the same problems, like:
- ANXIETY: Quick to anger. The smallest things can trigger anger
- DEPRESSION: Lacks motivation, focus and purpose. Not working or attending school
- ADDICTION: Addicted to drugs, alcohol, porn or video gaming
- INSOMNIA: Poor or erratic sleep. Little or no sleep at night and little sleep during the day
- ISOLATION: Avoids public places, friends and family
- RELATIONSHIPS: Problems with family, friends and coworker relationships
- NEGATIVITY: Most things have a negative meaning, the glass is always half empty
- SELF-DOUBT: Lacks self-confidence and has lost pride and self-respect
A lot has been learned about how to deal with these issues that could have been triggered by events before, during or after military service. If these issues are not addressed, they will seriously restrict or prevent you from living a happy and productive life.
If you are serious about improving your life, you have come to the right website.
The FOCUS Marines Foundation (FMF) is a nationally recognized organization, west of St. Louis, Missouri.
It has partnered with the Navy and Marine Corps Relief Society (NMCRS) and the U.S. Marine Corps Wounded Warrior Regiment (WWR) and other organizations to help post 9/11 veterans to reach their goals and realize their dreams.
It has developed a very effective program called FOCUS that has served over 700 Marines, Sailors, Soldiers and Airman. FOCUS has a very impressive track record that is best explained by the FOCUS graduates Testimonials.
As a Marine, you have been taught not to retreat from adversity, but to meet every challenge head on and find solutions. And as Marines, we have a duty to help you. We will do everything we can to help with each step of your journey, but it is up to you to take the first step, which you have now done. We encourage you to continue exploring our website and gathering the information you need. Contact us now or use one of our links! We are ready to be part of your team.
FOCUS Marines Foundation
With only four FOCUS classes each year, space is limited so we encourage you to apply early.