We are proud to say the FOCUS Program is run almost entirely by volunteers. It takes over 100 volunteers to make each FOCUS Course a success and there are opportunities throughout the year where you can make a difference. If you are looking to get involved, please take a look at the volunteer opportunities listed and then complete a VOLUNTEER APPLICATION.
- Assist with preparing bulk mailings
- Copy and collate literature for classes
- Inventory supplies
- Help with office tasks during FOCUS Courses
- Set up/tear down tables and chairs before/after each course (heavy lifting involved)
- General Housekeeping during Course
- Assist Food Service Crew with clean up after each evening meal
- Assist in the daily prep for 3 meals a day and snacks during the FOCUS Course
- Sponsor/ donate a meal during a FOCUS Course
*Thursdays during each FOCUS Course
- Add reels and lures to the rods, distribute lifejackets and clean all the fish for that night’s dinner
- Remove motors, rods, and lures, and store all supplies for the next course
- Meet-and-greet participants arriving at the airport
- Transport participants and speakers to and from the FOCUS Site
- Remain at the FOCUS Site for set periods of time and make trips for supplies, medicine, or picking up meals from donors
- Attend various fundraisers throughout the year to pass out literature, collect donations, or help with set up and clean up (each event requires a different level of volunteer involvement)
- Experienced photographer to document fundraising events
- Have special skills, or talents? Please indicate these on your volunteer application.
- Have resources in housing, finances, employment, education, legal issues, etc.? Let us know!